2ND AUSTRALIA-ESO JOINT CONFERENCE: The build-up of galaxies through multiple tracers and facilities
Cosmic DAWN’s Associate Professor at Claudia Lagos recently announced that the conference "The build-up of galaxies through multiple tracers and facilities" to be held in Perth, Australia, 17th-21st of February 2020.
This is the second installment of the series of joint Australia-ESO conferences. Call for participants and speakers is open. Read more and register here >>
The intent of this conference is to obtain a comprehensive view of baryons in the Universe, over a broad range of facilities, look-back time, wavelength range, and physical scales. The key science topics will be:
1) The baryon cycle in our own Galactic neighbourhood: what we have learned from galactic archaeology, and the interstellar and circumgalactic gas (and its accretion) in the Milky-Way and Magellanic Clouds.
2) The local Universe: the multi-phase baryon mass census (hot, cold, warm medium and stars and stellar halos), the baryon-halo connection, environmental effects on the ISM of galaxies, outflows/inflows locally.
3) Transients: a nascent avenue of learning about galaxy evolution, the intergalactic medium which is expected to grow immensely over the next few years, featuring Fast Radio Bursts, Gravity Waves, Gamma-ray bursts, and others.
4) Galaxies across time: physical processes leading to quenching and their effect on the gas reservoirs of galaxies, angular momentum evolution, and the black hole/galaxy co-evolution.
5) Cosmic Dawn and the Epoch of Reionisation: the census of z>4 galaxies (luminosity functions, dust content, star formation, interstellar medium), QSOs and radio activity, and evolution of the neutral hydrogen content.
Dates: 17-21 February 2020
Location: University Club UWA, Perth, Western Australia